Jars of Ferments

Jars of Ferments
Jars of Ferments

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Pea, Bean, Oat, Beet, Cucumber & Radish Lacto-Ferment - Made Aug 24/26

 


- 1 1/2 cups dried Dwarf Grey Sugar Peas
- 1 1/2 cups dried Adzuki beans
- 3 cups Hulless Oat Groats
- 1 large zip-lock bag of frozen sliced cucumber chopped
- 1 large zip lock bag of frozen purple daikon radish chopped  in the food processor
- 7 green sweet peppers chopped
- most of a large zip lock bag of frozen gold beets chopped in the food processor
- 2 cups of chopped frozen sorrel stems from my garden
- 15 fresh sorrel leaves and stems from my garden chopped
- 2 cups of chopped frozen fennel leaves from my garden
- 1 cup of chopped frozen parsley leaves from my garden
- 1 cup of chopped frozen chopped rhubarb
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 green cabbage (3 lb.) chopped  in the food processor
- 4 Tbsp Himalayan pink salt


As usual, I worked with the peas/beans and  oats separately....   I've also continued to reduce my cooking time and therefore my use of electricity by soaking the  beans, peas and oats overnight in hot tap temperature water and then chopping the beans & peas in my food processor...  I soaked the peas and beans together and the oats separately... and I didn't need to do anything further to the oats...  They were soft enough to use just as they were... I also used my food processor to chop the cabbage and beets ...  I then mixed everything together, filling 11 liter mason jars packed firmly to the shoulder... These fermented even quicker than my last batch... I left these covered on top of my hot water heater for ONLY 15 hours before they were EXPLODING out of their jars... so I moved them to the fridge to stabilize and be eaten... later... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages on this Blog